We are not currently recruiting for this role. However, we are happy to review applications with a view to future vacancies.
At Radiant Law, winner of multiple awards as a legal pioneer, we are continuing to see exciting new client work coming through from a rapidly expanding international client base. We are looking for attorneys with between two and five years of post-admission experience, to join our commercial contracts team.
We are interested in people with a strong commercial contracts interest and experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts before signature (time spent working as part of an in-house team on an organisation's contracts would be fantastic). You should thrive in an environment where you are regularly asked to come up with creative solutions and improvements, and be ready for something different to the traditional legal working experience. If you have an appetite to learn and grow with us and are keen to be at the forefront of the transformation of the legal industry, we'd love to speak with you.
Working with us offers you:
· a work from home/office based mix (permanently) combined with a dynamic and supportive team environment,
· interesting commercial contracts work for global organisations,
· a chance to get to grips with leading-edge legal technology solutions,
· time to learn about and practice lean processes and focus on continuous improvements, and
· an outlet for your creativity, working closely with clients to understand their needs and ensure that our support focuses on their key priorities.
What we need from you:
· Work on client account teams to draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts of varying degrees of complexity against tight timeframes,
· draft bespoke provisions where clients have particular needs,
· use data to understand how well we are delivering services against clients' needs,
· identify ways to improve how we deliver our services and accelerate closing contracts (you'll work closely with our software developers, legal engineers and document automators),
· deliver improvement projects and demonstrate to our clients that we keep getting better at what we are doing for them,
· document what you learn in our knowledge repositories and share with the team through internal training, and
· in time, take over management of client accounts and take the lead in ensuring successful and continuously improving delivery.
To start with, you should:
· be based in Cape Town or Johannesburg
· currently have between two and five years of post-articles experience, either within a law firm or in-house.
· ideally have spent time working on the creation of commercial contracts such as NDAs, supply of goods and services, sales and licensing agreements.
Our environment is fast-paced and the one constant about Radiant is change! You should be able to demonstrate how you embrace a continuous improvement approach to meeting client needs. High levels of autonomy, self-motivation and strong communication and interpersonal skills are all vital.
Radiant is different. Make sure you have a good understanding of our values and what we look for in team members. We have also started a series of short videos to help you understand who we are, what we do, where we are going and whether Radiant will be a good fit for you - please take a little time to watch the first two on our careers page or on our YouTube channel here and here. Then, if you think it sounds right for you, please apply and let us know why!
Radiant Law is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and anti-discrimination. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, age, gender, disability, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Please note: If you have applied for a role within the last twelve months please do not use the link below - we have your details.